Strategic Buyer at Brink Towing Systems
For Brink Group in Staphorst, we are looking for a strategic Buyer. As a Strategic Buyer you will be responsible for developing and driving the implementation of category strategies within Brink by managing and executing category management and strategic sourcing of assigned categories at the most optimal total cost. Besides this you will represent purchasing in certain assigned OE projects.
As Strategic Buyer you will...
- Develop and lead strategic sourcing initiatives for assigned categories;
- Monitor and manage supplier performance within your own categories;
- Manage purchasing activities for certain assigned OE projects;
- Select, develop and launch of direct material suppliers for new products;
- Monitor the market vendors and identifies opportunities and risks;
- Select, collect and evaluate internal purchasing needs for the entire category;
- Manage bids and negotiations with suppliers;
- Participate in and directs multi-disciplinary and international projects.
Je hebt als As Strategic Buyer...
- A Bachelor’s Degree in engineering / industrial management, supply chain management, or equivalent;
- A 5+ years professional experience in purchasing within an international production environment;
- Strong skills in negotiations, financial analysis, strategic thinking and problem solving as well as networking, communication and project management;
- Experience in strategic sourcing, contracts, project buying and negotiation within an international production environment;
- Experience in the automotive industry or other regulated industry;
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills to build relationships;
- Distinctive understanding of procurement /c ategory management in a manufacturing environment and ability to effectively communicate and present information to suppliers, team members, leaders and sr. management;
- You bring a solid and technical professional expertise in the area of purchasing from a similar positions;
- Specific experience in developing, negotiating and implementing commercial contracts, including supply and quality agreements;
- A results-based institution and is therefore, in complex situations, able to analyse, filter and prioritize factual and quantitative information in order to establish an optimal solution or advice;
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally (20%);
- Excellent command of English.
Je krijgt bij Brink Group (Thule Towing Systems B.V.)...
- A challenging job in a stimulating international work environment with good educational and development opportunities;
- Initiative and a great freedom of action are the starting points;
- Of course you can count on good coaching.
Brink Group, is a world leading manufacturer of tow bars with over one hundred years’ experience in the automotive sector. Under the motto: "Your perfect fit", the Brink Group offers an easy and safe connection between practically any vehicle and the load you want to carry or tow. With this Brink group enables millions of end users all over the world to go out and live their active lives. So far close to 25 million cars have been fitted with a Brink tow bar.
Brink Group, with its headquarter in Staphorst, the Netherlands, has approximately 600 employees in 9 countries and state-of-the-art manufacturing locations in the Netherlands, France, UK and South Africa. For Brink Group we are looking for a