Domain Engineer (On Board Diagnostic Automotive System Engineering) at Denso
DENSO Europe B.V.’s dedicated After Market Business Unit brings OE quality, DENSO automotive parts programs and on board diagnostic (OBD) systems to distributors, wholesalers and garages across Europe.
One of the OBD systems is called E-Videns, A unique, innovative and transparent Vehicle Inspection Tool to enhance workshop productivity and performance. To enable car brand dealers and universal companies to check the quality of the battery packs of vehicles to be traded in, Evidence will be enhanced with a Battery Management Software System application.
Do you want to take the main responsibility for the domain of the E-videns OBD system and take the lead in the selection, assessing, adapting and implementing the future BMS application?
We are looking for a: Domain Engineer OBD System Engineering.
As Domain Engineer you will...
- become the domain owner of E-videns the remote diagnostic tool Denso is offering;
- translate customer and market requirements into a system solution and specifications;
- develop a product road map with future diagnostic applications to be integrated in E-videns;
- take the responsibility to enhance E-videns with a Battery Management (BMS) Test System for electrical Vehicles;
- analyze the providers of BMS and assesses the various applications;
- develop a Business Case to visualize the project progress of the selection of the required BMS;
- formulate system requirements, determines adjustments, substantiates costs and draws up an implementation plan;
- substantiate your selection, nominate the most suitable application and support the Management team in making the right decision;
- work together in a team with some subcontractors and software developers;
- take care of the setup and performs software acceptance tests according to DENSO quality standards.
Other activities for which you are responsible are:
- take care of de-bugging and re-programming;
- supporting the international help desks;
- general development, upgrade and support of Evidence;
- finding the cause of errors and providing technical training for the new OB Battery Management application and the integration into the diagnosis tool Evidence;
- provide solutions for bugs Data analysis and maintenance.
As Domain Engineer you must have...
- a Technical Bachelor degree, preferably Automotive Engineering or a similar experience of at least 5 years;
- preferably experience as a Domain (System) Engineer or OBD Engineer e.g.
- experience in the field of Project Engineering or interested to pick up this role:
- experience in the field of Vehicle Diagnostics/ On Board Diagnostics/Remote Vehicle Diagnostics;
- basic knowledge of hybrid and electric vehicles.
Furthermore, you have the following skills and/or experiences:
- data analysis skills and vehicle communication (CAN bus, ECU);
- preferably experience in the field of Battery Management System/Energy Storage System (BMS/EMS);
- experience in the field of Software Development- Software Testing, Data analysis, definition of Requirments;
- good English speaking and writing skills at the level "command" and you preferably speak "native" Dutch;
- no problem with traveling and staying abroad (+/- 1 day per week).
DENSO Europe B.V. offers you...
- an interesting & challenging position with the possibility of further growth;
- attractive employment conditions with a competitive salary;
- a 13th month;
- a variable bonus;
- 25 holidays and 13 atv days;
- a pension – and health insurance contribution;
- the possibility of further training;
- accommodation costs abroad;
- possibilities for a company bike and/or travel expenses reimbursement.
DENSO Europe represents the regional headquarters and European affiliates of DENSO Corporation, one of the largest technology providers in the global automotive industry. DENSO's products and systems are an important part of almost every vehicle in the world. With more than 200 subsidiaries and affiliates on 5 continents, DENSO is powered by a global workforce of approximately 170.000 individuals, whose expertise in research and development, engineering, manufacturing, sales and operations, enables DENSO to continuously develop core technologies designed to respond to the changing needs of industry and society by pushing the boundaries of what is possible.
To extend the Diagnostic System Evidence with an OB Battery Management System we are looking for DENSO for a:
Project Engineer – OB Battery Management System (Electrical Vehicles)