Sales Application Engineer Automotive
Today's business environment requires constant innovation to enable Power-Packer growth targets as a supplier to major Automotive OEM and Tier 1 players. To strengthen their market position and enable their growth ambitions, we are looking for Power-Packer for a senior proactive, intrinsically motivated and conceptually focused Sales Engineer to support their Automotive sales team.
In this job you are the technical “expert” of Power-Packer for their Automotive customers. You will identify customer and market needs, convert them into concepts and ultimately propose profitable product and/or solutions and ensure technical realization.
You are the engineering coordinator and main responsible for executing the required project (APQP) activities during the quotation request phase. You are pragmatic and "hands on" and you are able and willing to work with Solid Works and ePDM for setting up technical drawings and conceptual solutions and making FMEAs. In addition, you regularly visit customers to build strong relationships and develop sales with new and existing customers.
You will report directly to the Sales Manager. Externally you work closely with customer engineers, project leaders, purchasers and quality experts. Internally you will work closely with the engineering, purchasing, quality and product management and manufacturing departments.
Your main responsibilities:
- You will visit thier customers frequently to build strong relationships, activate new projects and work efficiently on current projects.
- Together with the Product Manager, you will acquire information from all relevant stakeholders to understand the customer application in detail. This will make it possible to provide the best technical and profitable solution to make the customer successful in its business.
- You will define, translate and coordinate the required functionalities in close cooperation with the engineers from the customer into technically, financially and commercially feasible system concepts with quantified features and benefits. In addition, you will propose the concept and present it to the customer.
- You are responsible for the coordination and/or implementation of all technical activities necessary to set up the concept and to develop it in such a way that it can then be developed into a series standard. In your job you will use: Solid Works & ePDM, FMEA, Design for Cost, DFA / Lean production line design, Modeling / simulation etc.
- You will define the desired functionality in close collaboration with the customer and translate this into technically, financially and commercially feasible adjacent products.
- You will document the required product characteristics so that the internal organization can develop it into a sailable product that meets all customer requirements.
As Your assignment you must have...
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering, mechatronics, physics or comparable technical education.
- Several years of relevant experience in international, technical B2B environment.
- Drive for Results: activate internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong technical skills together with a commercial attitude and flair.
- Continuous improvement: able to use metrics, facts and figures to improve customer related processes.
- Well-developed communication and negotiation skills; English and German are a must.
- Willing to travel at least 25% of your time abroad (also independently).
- Energetic, proactive and demanding personality (no 9-5 mentality!).
- Experience and understanding of the customer application and Automotive industry is an advantage.
- Experience with APQP/Project management and technical hydraulic solutions are an advantage.
Power-Packer Europa BV offers you...
A high tech and demanding working environment and customers (such as Porsche and Koenigsegg) where development and production come together in a dynamic and international company in the Twente region. A competitive salary with excellent benefits, including 25 vacation days and 13 extra days and room for personal development, training and education. Power-Packer gives you a lot of freedom, trust and responsibility in the planning and execution of your work.
For 50 years, Power-Packer has engineered a robust and innovative line of hydraulic position and motion control products that have become the gold standard in excellence for tilting, latching, leveling, lifting and stabilizing. They serve customers throughout the world, including OEMs and Tier 1s in diverse end-markets. To best meet unique market needs, Power-Packer has headquarters strategically located in The Netherlands (350 employees) and the United States, as well as manufacturing plants in The Netherlands, the U.S., Turkey, Mexico, Brazil, China and India.
Throughout the world, you’ll find Power-Packer hydraulic position and motion control solutions meeting the toughest, most critical demands in markets, including agriculture; automotive; construction; fire and rescue; marine; medical; military; mining; oil and gas; and on-highway vehicles. Power-Packer is part of the CentroMotion family of brands, an organization dedicated to ensuring people and machines work smarter, safer and more productively.