Senior Automation Engineer at Averna the Netherlands
This job is something for you if you want to be a lead player in the development and integration of automated test & measurement systems! The engineering team develops a range of custom made inline and offline test and measurement machines to help customers achieve higher product quality, faster time to market, and greater value from their test system.
You are able to learn quickly; have the ability to accomplish tasks under limited supervision; possess a strong attention to detail; have a willingness to work in an organization committed to high quality products and customer service and you have strong developed communication skills to contribute in a project team.
As Senior Automation Engineer you will...
- Be responsible for software development, realization and validation of advanced, complex, and comprehensive automated test solutions;
- Managing software scope, timeline and budget within projects, in consultation with the project manager;
- Using clear, concise and meaningful communications, you will be the technical leader for the software engineers within the project team;
- Identify, define and mitigate issues, dependencies, and risks related to project;
- Select software components in function of specifications;
- Executes national & international software interventions independently;
- Deliver sales support by providing concepts and calculations;
- Select and implement project related hardware;
- Support activities and initiatives for continuous improvement;
- Develop & perform custom made technical trainings to national and international customers;
- Document and communicate lessons learned in projects;
- Practice self-development and promote learning in others by proactively providing information, resources, advice, and expertise with coworkers and customers.
As Senior Automation Engineer you must have...
- A Bachelor or Master degree from an accredited engineering or physics program.
- 7 or more years of experience in software development for industrial automation and/or automated test solutions;
- Profound knowledge of software programming on PC and PLC platforms;
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming;
- Experience in software development in Labview, TestStand, C++, C#, Halcon, Python, Matlab, Beckhoff, Omron PLC, Siemens S7 & TIA is a plus;
- Experience in automation (Pneumatics, electrics and motion systems);
- Experience in robot programming (Epson, ABB, Omron) is a plus;
- Experience in medical validation ( GMP, GAMP, FDA regulation, … ) is a plus;
- Change is not a scary word for you. You thrive in organizations that adapt and evolve;
- You jump at the opportunity to work with colleagues on projects;
- Strong interpersonal skills. You communicate clearly;
- Must have the ability to provide organization, communication and leadership to the local team members from hardware, system and software disciplines;
- Ability to take on role of technical leader for specific projects and work with engineers from hardware, system and software disciplines;
- You enjoy finding creative solutions to possible problems;
- You have a strong ownership of responsibilities and you escalate issues when necessary;
- Up to 30% travel abroad (to customers or other Averna offices).
- Fluent in English, written & spoken.
Averna Nederland Arnhem offers you...
- A solid, innovative employer, with loyal employees that love working at Averna with a long working relationship;
- Good working conditions and a market-based salary;
- A number of company benefits;
- An open, informal communication culture where peer consultations take place, through Q meetings.
At Averna you can be a key player helping global customers produce market-leading high-tech products in sectors like aerospace, automotive, consumer electronics and medical devices. As a member of the team, you will use their solid processes, best practices, state-of-the-art technology, and innovation to ensure customers reach their product quality and market goals. A worldwide Test & Quality leader, Averna delivers innovative solutions for clients – including many Global 1000s – in numerous industries. The talented team includes hundreds of Engineers, System Architects, Developers, Project Managers and other professionals, as well as a network of partners such as National Instruments, ThingWorx, Keysight Technologies and JOT Automation.
For Averna we are looking for a
Senior Automation Engineer