Sr. Electrical/Mechanical (Mechatronics) Engineer at YouSee Company B.V.
Doesn't that sound strange: "a start-up with 20 years of experience...?"
Not when you consider the pioneers behind this innovative electric urban mobility application. After the worldwide success of "B …… O" the solid core of this company started 2 years ago with the development and realization of a new innovative electric urban mobility solution.
We are looking for an experienced, broadly developed multitasker, whom we call "Mechantronics Engineer" for the sake of convenience. If you read on, you will understand what we mean...
You will have...
The unique opportunity for an experienced mechatronics engineer to play a central role:
- use a blend of electronics, mechanical and control system expertise to solve problems and offer solutions to technical challenges on a day to day basis;
- translate the consumer’s requirement into technical and concrete solutions;
- build your mechatronics concepts into the prototypes yourself;
- be in the lead for all electro-mechanical systems (motor, wiring, battery management system, motor controllers, display management…) by specifying, developing, testing, analysing and improving them;
- 2D and 3D CAD design of various electronics products;
- generate TPD (technical product documentation);
- identify and select materials/components and act as an interface to external suppliers;
- contribute to analysis (FMEA, POR, Quality framework) and solutions of reliability issues;
- use common data analysis and simulation techniques to measure a design’s performance;
- communicate progress and technical information in regular cross-function meetings.
As Sr. Electrical/Mechanical (Mechatronics) Engineer you must have…
- the exposure and behavior of a curious and passionate individual;
- able to work in a start-up environment, taking initiative with a pragmatic attitude;
- excellent analytical, problem-solving ability;
- a Higher degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechatronics;
- experience in the automotive world is a plus;
- experience with building and repairing electrical components into a product (soldering experience is needed);
- familiarity with CAD packages;
- English language communication and presentation skills;
- proven ability to translate and communicate technical information to the project team when required;
- ability to work effectively both individually and in a team environment;
- excellent organisational skills. Ability to plan ahead, prioritise tasks and co-ordinate with the work of others.
As Mechatronics Engineer you will get…
- flexibility in your work organization;
- flexible working hours;
- a small, passionate team with 6 experienced colleagues, with 20 years innovative experience;
- office located in Amsterdam (behind Artis, with good public transport reach);
- an in house workshop.
Our customer's company is an initiative of a number of ex Bugaboo team members, who have further developed one of their ideas and are on the eve of the launch of a unique electric mobility application. The company and the team are growing and the prospect is to start implementing the production process in the short term.
Are you the Sr. Electrical / Mechanical (Mechatronics) Engineer who wants to be part of a very dynamic team to bring our new innovative products to life?!