Product Manager Motorized – MyLaps
Do you want to play a key role in the current and future success of motorized events across the globe, like IndyCar, NASCAR and MotoGP? Do you have a strong personality with excellent communication and negotiation skills? Are you not afraid to do what it takes to get the job done?
As a Product Manager you will...
Play a key role in the current and future success of motorized events across the globe, like IndyCar, NASCAR and MotoGP. You take ownership of the technology being used for race timing, results and race control. Enhancing the event experience and safety with the best possible technical solutions is your goal!
Being Product Manager Motorized Sports of MYLAPS means that you are part of passionate team in Product Management and together with your counterpart at Active Sports you report directly to the Director Product & Brand.
As a Product Manager you have...
- Master’s degree in a technical discipline;
- Fluent English, Dutch is a preference;
- At least 3-5 year of working experience as a product manager in a technical field;
- You need to have a strong personality with excellent communication and negotiation skills. In this position you need to be firm: not afraid to do what it takes to get the job done and still maintain excellent relationships;
- You need to be a conceptual thinker who is pragmatic and result driven. You need to be able to translate your strategic views in a hands-on manner: don’t be afraid to roll up your sleeves and get the work done;
- This position requires frequent travelling. Frequency is approximately once a quarter, combined with flexibility in the weekends (racing events often take place in the weekends);
- This position also requires a non 9 to 5 mentality due to its global scope;
- It will be great if you also have Agile/Scrum experience.
As a Product Manager you get...
- An unique opportunity in the motorized sports world as MyLaps is the global market leader in sports timing;
- A position at strategic level of a multi-national in a niche market;
- Excellent labour conditions including a good pension plan.
MYLAPS develops, manufactures and delivers worldwide the industry’s favorite timing systems. With their sport timing solutions we support athletes, racers and events in creating their ultimate sports experience. Every year they capture the performance of over 20 million people all over the world and turn their data into insights, progress and fun. MyLaps offers them a better understanding of their performance and help them with their best next steps.
Founded in 1982, they have revolutionized the world of sports timing with groundbreaking innovations and set the standard ever since. Their products and platforms are used for sports events, from professional events (24 Hours of Le Mans, Boston Marathon, Giro d’Italia, IRONMAN Triathlon, NASCAR, Olympics and many more) to countless amateur level events around the corner.
Interested? Start your application directly or contact me for more information!