RPG Analyst / Developer ILE RPG – RPG Free at Kawasaki
For Kawasaki Motors Europe NV in Hoofddorp (Amsterdam), we are exclusively looking for a RPG Analyst / Developer who has experience coding in ILE RPG or RPG Free on AS/400 or a starter that has the ambition to learn these. In this role you will be responsible for developing, testing and modifying software related to applications, operating systems, database or network development, utilities or other projects.
As RPG Analyst / Developer you will...
- develop, test and modify computer software related to applications, operating systems, database or network development, utilities or other projects;
- possess a broad knowledge of technical and business concepts applied to complex programming assignments;
- follow defined or pre-described methodology;
- provide general technical consulting on systems to users and/or customers;
- cooperate with colleagues on user problems and applications.
REPORTING STRUCTURE & COMMUNICATION
- reports to: Manager Software Development Section;
- department structure: Information Systems Department, Software Development Section;
- internal communication: Assistant Manager;
- external communication: Branch Offices, Private Distributors.
- end user interview taking and reporting;
- analyses and design of Information Systems using tool sets;
- planning of development activities for projects in execution phase;
- programming and testing in accordance with the Kawasaki standards;
- organizing and monitoring user acceptance testing;
- raising the administrative procedures (workflow procedures);
- on-hand activities like report generation and system administration.
The analyst-programmer has to work occasionally together with Japanese developers, developers based in branch offices throughout Europe as well as temporary programmers contracted for a specific project.
As RPG Analyst / Developer you have...
- HBO or similar level foreign education;
- 4-7 years work experience preferred;
- 2 years experience with ILE RPG/RPG Free programming;
- experience with both normal and embedded SQL;
- helped setting up Functional Design and Technical Design;
- experience with using IBM Rational Developer for Power Systems software or interested to gain this knowledge;
- ability to work according to development standards set by the department;
- knowledge of interfacing to/from SAP is an advantage;
- preferable experience in automotive working environment;
- good verbal and written communication skills in English;
- flexibility for temporary allocation outside Hoofddorp is assumed;
- occasional (limited) visits (planned or unplanned) to our international branches may be required;
- willing to learn and apply new techniques is a must.
Kawasaki Motors Europe offers you...
- an international, dynamic and multi-cultural working environment;
- a challenging workplace where you can make a difference for the brand;
- a self-reliant position and remuneration in line with the market;
- very attractive other labour conditions e.g. 13th month salary and of course ample opportunity to try out Kawasaki products;
- as part of the job, you are willing to work occasionally during the weekends and to travel for business in Europe.
Kawasaki Motors Europe NV (KME) is Kawasakí's European Headquarters located in Hoofddorp, the Netherlands. KME is a daughter company of the multinational Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Japan. KME is responsible for the European distribution of all Kawasaki products (Motorcycles, ATV's, Jetski, MULEs), and related parts and accessories. The secret to Kawasaki's success lies in designing and manufacturing products that offers balanced performance, high quality, reliability and excellent fit and finish. For Kawasaki Motors Europe NV we are looking for a
RPG Analyst / Developer ILE RPG – RPG Free